Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken Cutlets in White Wine

Though lovely in presentation, this meal was just average in my mind.  It wasn't bad, just a bit bland.  However, my children must enjoy the occasional bland meal because they both ate really well!  So, not a loser recipe, but not my favorite either.  I served it with a rice pilaf and steamed asparagus topped with grated parmesan.



Chicken Cutlets in White Wine

8 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/4 lb. total)
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
1/2 c. dry white wine
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (or 2/3 tsp. dried thyme)
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Instructions:

Stack cutlets in a gallon freezer bag.  In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. melted butter, wine, garlic, and thyme.  Whisk to combine.  Season with pepper.  Pour into bag and freeze.

Thaw chicken in refrigerator overnight.  Remove cutlets from bag and discard marinade.  Gently shake chicken to remove liquid and season with salt. 

In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil.  Add cutlets to pan and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.  Flip halfway through and adjust heat as necessary to prevent from over browning.

Husband Rating: 4 out of 10

Food for Thought: I do think that this recipe could be improved in two ways.  I used chicken tenders for the recipe.  If I instead had used chicken breast and sliced into three pieces (approximating the size of tenders) the meat would have been better in my opinion.  I also am a sauce person... I would have liked a little sauce to go with the chicken though not sure what that would be at this point.  I will noodle on that and if I come up with an idea, I will share it.  If you have one, please share it! 

1 comment: