Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tomato Quinoa Black Bean Salad

This night, we were supposed to be having pork tenderloin.  However, I realized at about 4:00 that it hadn't thawed all the way in the fridge as I had expected.  So, I looked around the kitchen, thought about what I had, and threw these things together to make a nice, easy dinner.  It turned out great in my mind, even though this style of meal isn't my husband's favorite. 


Tomato Quinoa Black Bean Salad

1 c. quinoa
1 can black beans, rinsed
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
6 Tbsp. olive oil
salt/pepper
arugula
English cucumber

Instructions:

Cook the quinoa to package directions.  Set aside and allow to cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

In a large bowl, combine quinoa, black beans, shallots, and tomatoes.  Pour dressing over the top and stir well.

On each plate, place some arugula and cucumber.  Put a scoop of the quinoa mixture over the top.  Enjoy!

Husband Rating: 5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment