Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pineapple Pork Marinade

This is another one of those great make ahead marinades that I did with my friends.  You can toss it all together and keep it in your fridge for up to a week or freeze and thaw when you are ready to cook.  The kids loved the sweetness but it wasn't overly sweet for my husband and me.  I used pork tenderloin in it but it would also be delicious with chicken, maybe on kabobs with large chunks of grilled pineapple.  Ahhh, next time....  But, it was great with pork.  I served it with a rice pilaf and some garlicky greens.  It was a nice, summery meal! 



Pineapple Pork Marinade


1 c. crushed pineapple
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. cidar vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. powdered cloves

Toss all of the ingredients together in a large freezer bag.  Add your choice of meat (I used 2 pork tenderloins) and marinate in the fridge for several hours or freeze.  Be sure to thaw in the fridge when you are ready to cook. 

I grilled the pork over medium heat for about 8 minutes a side.  But cooking times will vary depending on the meat you use. 

Husband Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment