Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Best Brownies Ever

Ok, I normally make brownies the cheater way, i. e. grab a box off the shelf at the grocery store, add water, and bake.  However, when I saw this recipe, how few ingredients it required, and how easy it was, I knew I could do it!  And, I am certainly glad I did!  Wow, these blew the box brownies out of the water!  I will never (or rarely) make box mix brownies again!  (Oh, and I did include a delicious frosting recipe below that I used on them.)
 
 
Best Brownies Ever
 
 
3/4 cup melted butter
4 squares un-sweetened baking chocolate (see note below)
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
 
Instructions
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a glass pan).
 
Combine melted butter and chocolate squares in a large glass bowl.  Microwave for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
 
Add sugar into the bowl and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla then mix well. Add flour and mix until just combined.
 
Pour batter into a 9x13" buttered baking dish and bake 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
 
Allow to cool before frosting. 
 
For best results, cut into large squares and eat in large quantities!  :) 
 
Easy Chocolate Frosting Recipe
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Melt butter.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Spread evenly over brownies.  Lick bowl and spoon well! 

1 comment:

  1. I will totally be making these very soon! My mouth is watering thinking about them and looking at that picture.........

    ReplyDelete