Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I wished I had taken a picture... Brussels Sprouts in Honey Butter

Do you like brussels sprouts?  No?  Well, this recipe will change your mind.  These brussels sprouts were seriously the best brussels sprouts I have ever eaten in my entire life and I am so, so, so sad that I didn't get a picture of them.  They were the most delicious, yummy, flavorful, sweet, salty, amazing brussels sprouts I have ever eaten.

My husband had gone out to dinner for work and his co-worker ordered brussls sprouts.  When asking the waiter what made them so good, the waiter said they were cooked in honey.  Honey?  Yes, honey.  Man, that is the secret ingredient!  Yummmmm!  I never was much of a honey girl growing up so it is not something I think of often to use when cooking.  This was key in making these little brussels sprouts go from good vegetable side dish to star of the meal!  I was almost glad my little boys put up a protest on eating brussels sprouts.  More for me!!! 

Brussels Sprouts in Honey Butter

Adapted from www.hungrydesi.com

1 lb. brussels sprouts
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. butter, soften
sea salt

Cut stems off brussels sprouts and peel off any yellow or brown leaves from the outside.  Cut each brussels sprout in half.

In a small bowl, stir together honey and butter.

In a large skillet, melt honey butter over medium high heat until bubbling.  Add in brussels sprouts cut side down.  Cook without stirring for about 8-10 minutes until sprouts get browned and slightly charred on one side.

Give the pan a good shake allowing most of the sprouts to flip.  Sprinkle generously with salt.  Add 1-2 Tbsp. water and cover pan.  Cook another 3-5 minute so sprouts are soft throughout.  Test with a fork.

Serve immediately.  *Optional, top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment