Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage

I saw a package of pumpkin gnocchi at Target and thought, why not?  Let's try it!  I love gnocchi, I love food with pumpkin in it.  So, let's see what we can make with it.  Yea, this was a delicious meal! 

Sage is not an herb I use often... if ever.  I will now!  Yum!  We served it with some chicken breasts I cooked up with a little of the same butter and sage flavoring and had some fresh green beans on the side.  But, the true star of this meal was the gnocchi! 

 
Pumpkin Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage
 
1 package pre-made pumpkin gnocchi (I got mine at Target)
3 Tbsp. butter
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
5-6 sage leaves, coarsely chopped
 
Instructions:
 
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil.  Cook gnocchi for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to float.  Remove from water and set aside.
 
In a large saucepan, heat butter until it begins to brown.  Add in onions and sage and cook until onions begin to caramelize (about 6-7 minutes). 
 
Place cooked gnocchi to the onions in a single layer and brown about 2-2 1/2 minutes per side until lightly crispy. 
 
Husband Rating: 8 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment